On a cold snowy day, one of my favorite things to do is do some baking and cuddle up on the couch with a good book, a nice, warm mug of hot chocolate, and the goodies that I baked. Every time that it snows I feel the need to have some hot chocolate. It’s is one of my favorite things about the snow.
Even though I love hot chocolate, I never seem to drink it during the other times of the year, I think it is just a psychological thing. I made these cookies when we had some snow about a week ago and they are very delicious. I really like that these cookies allow me to have the hot chocolate taste all year long.
These cookies were so good and moist. I love making pudding cookies because they are always so moist. The pudding and the hot chocolate mix make these cookies so moist, plus the addition of the marshmallows makes these cookies taste just like hot chocolate. These cookies were a little thinner than the other pudding cookies I have made, but they were still moist and delicious. I hope you enjoy these wonderful cookies, my family ate them really quickly!
Hot Chocolate Pudding Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 box (1 ounce) instant fat-free vanilla pudding mix, dry
2 packets or 1/4 cup hot chocolate mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup mini marshmallows, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together. Add the pudding mix and hot chocolate mix and beat until incorporated.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
4. In a small bowl combine the flour and baking soda. Slowly add this mixture to the wet ingredients until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Stir in the mini marshmallows until they are all mixed into the dough.
6. Roll the dough into rounded teaspoonfuls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Linked to these parties
Try these other pudding cookie varieties: