This year I decided to participate in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. This event is where a bunch of food bloggers get together and bake cookies, send them to other bloggers, and blog about the cookies they made. I was paired up with 3 bloggers who I sent cookies to and 3 other bloggers sent cookies to me.
This event was so much fun! It was great to meet new bloggers and I always love baking cookies. It was awesome getting the different cookies in the mail. Plus the proceeds went to a great cause, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. If you didn’t participate this year, I definitely recommend it, the cookie swap is a lot of fun!
For the cookie swap, I decided to make Pudding Cookies. I first made Pudding Cookies a few weeks ago when I made Turtle Cheesecake Pudding Cookies, and they were so moist and delicious. I decided to add some peppermint flavor since it was Christmas time. I added Andes Crunch Mints and White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s.
These cookies were so moist and delicious, and since they stay moist for a while, they are great for shipping! I love the crunch flavor from the Andes and the peppermint flavor both candies gave to the cookies. These were great cookies and are perfect to make for any cookie exchange.
I sent these yummy cookies to Rachel at Studio Cusine, Erin at Erin Cooks, and Ka Ning at Kablee’s Kitchen. I received macaroons with chocolate chips, toffee, and pecans from Carrie of Poet in the Pantry, chocolate cookies with peppermint Hershey’s Kisses from Alex of Yums and Loves, and Double Mint, Double Chocolate Cookies from Kristina of Foodnook. These cookies were all so delicious, thank you!
Peppermint M&M Pudding Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding, dry
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
1/2 cup White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together. Add the vanilla pudding mix and beat until incorporated.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
4. In a small bowl combine the flour and baking soda. Slowly add this mixture to the wet ingredients until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Stir in the Peppermint Crunch pieces and M&Ms until they are all mixed into the dough.
6. Roll the dough into rounded teaspoonfuls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Linked to these parties