I love all the different seasonal food that comes out around the holidays. When the holidays roll around, I always check out the holiday aisle in the grocery store to see what new seasonal food has come out. This year I saw these Gingerbread Oreos. I was curious. I wasn’t sure how Gingerbread flavor would taste when combined with the Golden Oreo shell.
I’m not really that big of a fan of gingerbread cookies. Gingerbread houses look really pretty, but take so much time and patience to build, time and patience I don’t have. Also, I don’t know about you, but once I take all that time to build a pretty house, I don’t want to eat it anymore. Even though I’m not the biggest fan of Gingerbread, I decided to try the Oreos.
I thought the Gingerbread Oreos were delicious, the Creme had a great gingerbread flavor. I loved the flavor and it was not too overwhelming.
I decided to make Cheesecake Bars with the Gingerbread Oreos. These bars were so delicious. I loved the flavor of the Gingerbread Oreo crust, along with the subtle hint of gingerbread flavoring in the cheesecakes. This is one kind of gingerbread I can definitely go for!
Gingerbread Oreo Cheesecake Bars
1 package Gingerbread Oreos (20 crushed and 8 chopped into pieces)
4 tablespoons butter, melted.
2 packages (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the crushed Gingerbread Oreos and melted butter to create a crust and evenly press the crust onto the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then beat in the egg and vanilla. Once combined, stir in the chopped Gingerbread Oreos until completely mixed in.
5. Pour the batter over the Gingerbread Oreo Crust.
6. Bake the cheesecake for 30-35 minutes or until set.
7. When done cooling cut the cheesecakes into bars. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check out some other great cheesecakes recipes:
Linked to these parties