I can’t believe that it is fall already, this year has gone by so fast! One of my favorite fall foods is apples. I also have a big love of chocolate chip cookies. Actually I pretty much love all cookies, my husband even jokingly calls me a cookie monster. Out of all the types of cookies, I think chocolate chip is my favorite. For fall I decided to combine my favorite fall food, apples, with my favorite cookie, chocolate chip.
These bars were great!! I loved the combination of the chocolate chip cookie with the apples. It was kind of like eating an apple pie, with a chocolate chip cookie crust on the top and bottom and the apples in the middle. To make these even better add some caramel sauce to the top before serving! This delicious fall treat is so easy to make. So go grab a glass of apple cider and enjoy one of these delicious treats!
Apple Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
2 rolls (16.5 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 1/2 cups apple pie filling
Caramel sauce (optional topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out one of the rolls of cookie dough and press into the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan to form the crust.
3. Spread out the apple pie filling over the cookie dough.
4. With the second roll of cookie dough, roll the dough into balls. Make the balls the same size you would if you were making cookies. Then place the dough evenly on top of the apple pie filling.
5. Bake the bars for 25 minutes or until done. Serve with caramel sauce on top of the bars.
Linked to these parties