Mini Reese’s Chocolate Cake Donuts with Peanut Butter Ganache
Mini Reese’s Chocolate Cake Donuts
1/2 box chocolate cake mix (about 1 1/2 cups of mix)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 package of regular size Reese’s (contains 2 Reese’s cups), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together except for the Reese’s. Then gently stir the Reese’s into the cake batter.
3. Grease the mini donut pan. Then put the batter into a ziploc bag and cut a hole at the tip. (I find this is the easiest way to do it, but you can also spoon it in). Squeeze the batter into the donut pan, filling each mold 2/3 of the way.
4. Bake the donuts for 8-10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool the donuts before removing from the pan.
Peanut Butter Ganache
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place the peanut butter chips into a medium sized bowl. In a small saucepan, pour the cream in and bring it to a boil. As soon as the cream boils up to the top of the pan, quickly remove it from the heat and pour it over the peanut butter chips. Let it stand for a minute or two then whisk until smooth. Stir in the vanilla until well blended. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl and cool at room temperature.
2. Once the donuts are cool, either dip the top of the donut into the ganache or spoon the ganache over the donut.
Linked to these parties