Banana Walnut Cinnamon French Toast Bake
(Recipe Adapted from Best of the Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
3 tablespoons sugar
1 can refrigerated cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 banana (optional garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs, banana, and sugar with a wire whisk until well blended.
3. Separate the refrigerated cinnamon rolls into 8 rolls, setting the icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 equal pie-shaped wedges. Gently stir the cinnamon rolls into the egg mixture until well coated. Spoon the mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish, spreading evenly.
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour and brown sugar. With a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Then stir in the walnuts. Sprinkle the mixture over the cinnamon roll mixture.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the center is puffed and the edges are a golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile pour the icing into a small bowl and mix with the syrup until well blended. Microwave for 10 seconds to warm.
7. To serve pour the entire icing mixture over the French Toast Bake and top with banana pieces. Alternatively, top with the banana pieces and then pour the icing over each individual slice.
Linked to these parties