12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (can use regular spaghetti)
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb ground turkey (can substitute ground beef)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet, brown the ground turkey over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of both the garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the meat. Cook the meat until it is cooked through. Drain the fat and stir in the spaghetti sauce. Then remove from heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water according to the package directions. Drain the water and place the hot spaghetti in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese and 1 teaspoon of both the garlic powder and Italian Seasoning to the spaghetti. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the spaghetti is covered.
4. Spread a small amount of the meat and sauce mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 greased baking dish. Pour the spaghetti over the sauce and spread out evenly. Pour the rest of the meat and sauce mixture on top of the spaghetti, then sprinkle both cheeses on top.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Linked to these parties
SPAGHETTI with RED SAUCE – Linky Party Code (March 7, 2012, 9am PST) BLOGGER & SELF-HOSTED WORDPRESS BLOGS FREE WORDPRESS
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…