First off, I want to let everyone know that starting on Sunday is Chocolate Strawberry week at What’s Cooking, Love? for Valentine’s Day. A recipe will be posted each day next week that features chocolate and strawberries.
Every year for the Superbowl my husband and I like to eat pizza. We used to always order pizza, but that can be costly and can take awhile to get the pizza. So we started making our own pizzas for the Superbowl. We have had crab pizzas from restaurants before but I could never find a recipe that I liked.
I decided to come up with my own version of crab pizza with an olive oil and garlic base and with crab, bacon, tomatoes, and old bay seasoning on top of the cheese. It was extremely good. I think this may have been one of the best pizzas that I made, even though my Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza is pretty good too. This pizza was very good and was so easy to make. This is a great tasty alternative to ordering pizza.
1 refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can jumbo lump crab, drained
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
4 strips bacon
1/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Grease a pizza stone or round baking sheet and spread out the refrigerated pizza dough, pinching the ends to make a crust. If you don’t have a round sheet or pizza stone you can use a cookie sheet to make a rectangular pizza. Cook the pizza dough for 8 minutes before putting any toppings on. This allows the dough to get a little crispy.
3. While this is happening, cook the bacon in a skillet on the oven or on the microwave until crispy. Drain the fat. Crumble the bacon into small pieces.
4. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, taking the pulp out.
5. Mix the olive oil and the minced garlic together. Take the dough out of the oven and spread the olive oil and garlic mix over the pizza, making sure to leave space for the crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza, covering the olive oil.
6. Sprinkle the crab meat, bacon, and tomatoes on top of the cheese, covering the pizza. Then sprinkle the old bay seasoning over all of the toppings. Cook for 6-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
Linked to these parties