My husband and I both love anything that is peanut butter flavored. One time when we went to a party at my friend’s house, she served peanut butter popcorn. I decided to try to make it for myself and it was easy to make and it tasted really good. It didn’t turn out as sweet as my friend’s, it was more of a savory popcorn, but was still really good. I think it would be a little sweeter if kettle corn was used instead of the natural popcorn that I used. This makes a lot of popcorn, so it is great to serve at parties and I even gave it to people in baggies for gifts around Christmas.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
(Recipe adapted from Taste of Home)
2 bags microwave popcorn, popped (I used natural popcorn, with no butter or salt but kettle corn can be used as well)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
3. Combine the peanut butter, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat, add vanilla, then stir to combine.
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn, stirring gently to combine. When all the popcorn is evenly coated, spread evenly on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Linked to these parties