I love blondies, they are so good! I can remember the first time I had a blondie, it was sometime after I first started dating my husband and we shared a blondie and ice cream at Applebees. It was so good and I remember wondering why I had never had a blondie before. A blondie is basically a “blond” version of a brownie.
When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. This is basically a cupcake version of a blondie. It has chocolate, caramel, and walnuts on top. It was awesome and I really think I need to make them again. I also really like that there was chocolate inside it as well. The melted chocolate hardened, making it taste like a piece of chocolate candy inside the blondie. These are so good and definitely worth trying.
Blond Brownie Caramel Cups
(Adapted from Pillsbury Annual Recipes 2008)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 16 muffin cups with baking cups.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Then stir in the brown sugar.
3. Then add the vanilla and egg and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well. Stir in the chopped walnuts. Divide the batter evenly into the lined muffin cups. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Melt the caramels with the water in a small saucepan over low heat, stir constantly until smooth.
2. Immediately after the blondies are removed from the oven, place the chocolate chips evenly in to the middle of each blondie.
3. Then spoon 1 tablespoon of caramel over the chocolate chips on each blondie. If necessary, stir additional water into the melted caramels to maintain a spoonable consistency.
4. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts evenly over the blondies.
Linked to these parties