This is my mother-in-law’s recipe for Salmon. This was originally my grandfather-in-law recipe which has been passed down. This is my favorite way that I have ever had Salmon. The butter and the horseradish sauce make the salmon so tender and good. I also love the French Fried Onions on top, it just adds to the flavor of the salmon. I love salmon and out of all the different preparations of salmon that I have had, this is by far my favorite. I don’t even order salmon in restaurants anymore, because I feel that my mother-in-law’s recipe is far better.
This salmon is easy to make and makes a great meal for Christmas dinner. My in-laws usually make this for special occasions, such as holidays and birthdays. I will continue to pass this recipe down to my son when he is older. This salmon is a perfect Christmas tradition.
Salmon with Horseradish Sauce
1 stick of Butter
French Fried Onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the butter into slabs and put on the bottom on a 13×9 dish. Place the salmon on the butter, skinside down.
3. Spread the horseradish sauce over the salmon, using enough to cover the top of the salmon.
4. Crush the French Fried Onions over the top of the salmon, using enough to cover the top of the salmon.
5. Bake for 20 minutes for a thin piece of salmon, and a little longer for thicker pieces of salmon. Cook until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
The measurements for the horseradish sauce and the French Fried Onions depends on the size of the piece of salmon used.
Linked to these parties