My husband and I love crab and appetizers so when we found this dip we were really excited. This crab dip is go good and we have even made a meal out of the leftovers. The bread soaks in the dip when they bake together and it comes out tasting so good. We have brought this to parties and everyone loved it and asked me for the recipe. This is definitely a great dip to serve at any holiday party or to eat while watching football.
Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl
(Recipe adapted from Food.com).
2 cans lump crab meat
2 blocks cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Round loaf of bread
Loaf of bread, cubed for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese together.
3. Take the round loaf of bread and cut a small circle out of the top of the bread. Save the lid for use during cooking. Cut away the bread inside the round loaf to make a hollow space. Save this bread for dipping.
4. Place the crab meat mixture inside the bread bowl. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the dip. Then put the lid back on the bread bowl. Place the bread bowl on a cookie sheet to bake. If there is extra filling that will not fit in the bread bowl, place it in a casserole dish and bake beside the bread bowl.
5. Bake the crab dip for 1 hour and serve hot. Serve with the extra bread from the inside of the bowl and the cubed bread.
Linked to these parties