These Pumpkin Cupcakes with Streusel Topping are a great fall dessert. They are a great alternative to Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving dessert. I made them for my son’s play group, since my husband is not the biggest fan of pumpkin. They are very good, with a great pumpkin flavor, and the pudding makes them incredibly moist.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Streusel Topping
Steusel Topping recipe from: Betty Crocker Cookbook: Bridal Edition
1 box of moist white cake mix
1 can (15 oz) of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 box of pumpkin spice pudding
1 1/4 cup of water
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat the ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes scraping the bowl occasionally.
3. Line the cupcake pan with liners. Then fill the liners about 2/3 fill with cupcake batter using an ice cream scoop or spoon.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of firm butter
1. Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
2. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until crumbly.
3. Spoon the struesel topping over each cupcake evenly.
Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes. They are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the cupcake pan.
Linked to these parties